Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Blog Project for 2011! Consumption in Real Life

With the start of a new year...I was thinking about what would be a great thing to blog everyday for a year? Like setting out to cook 1 meal each day from Julia Child’s cookbook and blog about it - Genius! Something that isn't as torturous as writing up my research with even a bit of fun built in...that would be awesome!

So I am creating this blog project for 2011 that would be fun and interesting for me to write. My idea is to take a picture of one thing I eat everyday and blog about research, knowledge, trends, habits, my cravings, about it. Although it may seem like it’s been done since many people are taking pictures of everything they eat. I found out about this from a NYT article about a researcher I know in cognitive neuroscience at UC Irvine who took a picture of everything he ate and posted it on his blog in order to lose weight...

The good thing though is that it is related to my research topic. But maybe it is a good excercise nonetheless to try to do something everyday, write originally and for fun and try to infuse it with just a wee bit of information...more of a discipline excercise than anything else....My goal will be to write 500 words everyday. I can include facts and research on the food or time of day or taste or anything and even review restaurants and products and my kids eating habits and newspaper articles...consumption, taste, shopping, cooking, mom’s busy lives, low carb eating, all of that. And I can include my photography which I’ve always wanted to do...

I think that might be a fun project and the real goal is simply to write for fun everyday for one year about what I consumer! Love it or hate it....Here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment