Monday, October 21, 2013

Chia Seeds = Superfood

I have tried a lot of foods that are supposed to be good for you! I like quinoa but boy did it make my stomach hurt! It turns out some of us are not able to digest quinoa easily (of course that has to be me!). I get headaches from dark chocolate and red wine. I try to go gluten free so oats are usually out. Can't eat nuts or shellfish! Boy do I have digestive issues!

But one superfood that I think is fantastic is chia seeds! It tastes great all plumped up (although my kids think that it's slimy so I don't let them know when I slip it in their food), it doesn't irritate your stomach and you can add it to cooked foods and no one will know it's in there. I make a cereal out of warm water and coconut milk for the mornings and it keeps me full and happy until my late lunch. Not only are chia seeds full of omega-3s that can help your hear, but they are also high in calcium and give you almost 20% of your daily allowance according to a recent article in The Oprah Magazine. They also contain high levels of phosphorus and manganese which help with bone development! This is a winner food that doesn't have too many negatives! Yeah chias!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment